Very recently our ancestors were covered in hair (or really fur, hair simply being the word we gave our own fur so as to feel a little special).
- Rob Dunn, from The Wild Life Of Our Bodies
1. Body Hair: The Not So Naked Ape, from The Economist
2. How Hairy Skin Is Wired For Touch, from Cosmos Magazine. “Different types of hair follicle are tuned to sense different sorts of soft touch.”
3. I’m hopeless with hair. I have trouble with pigtails on a three year old, let alone a waterfall braid on myself.
4. What Guys Think About The Hair Down There, from Jezebel
5. Why Does God Love Beards? from Slate Magazine
6. How To Give Barbie An Afro (and call it a halo instead), from Jezebel
7. Moustache Blog.
9. Cure for baldness: Tattooed Hair. (But what do you do when you’re really old and you look weird with black stubble?)
10. Science Confirms What We Already Knew: Women Don’t Really Like Beards, from The Daily Mail.
11. Fix that receding hairline with some leg hair from The Body Odd
12. Which haircut makes you look smarter? Apparently, women with short hair look smarter than women with long. I’m tempted to put this down to femme phobia, but I’d wager it’s also to do with the fact that it costs more time and money to maintain a short, stylish hairstyle, and so it’s probably part of that whole thing whereby ‘people with money’ look ‘smarter’ than people who look like they are poor.
13. Bald Men, This Nude Mouse With One Sad Tuft Of Hair Could Be The Key To Your Follicular Future, from Discover Magazine, with a freaky picture of a mouse. Looks more like a rat, to me.
14. How Hair Can Be Used To Track Where You’ve Been from Slashdot
15. Mustache transplant craze sweeping the Middle East, from All Top
16. We Can Dye Our Hair With Real Gold Nanoparticles from io9
17. It’s Got A Cotton-ball Taste, says woman addicted to eating balls of cat hair from The Frisky
18. Five Uncomfortable Moments I’ve Shared With My Waxer from The Frisky
19. The Story Of My Hair Is The Story Of My Life from Huffington Post